|Click to email|
PO Box 220
Senatobia, MS 38668
551 N Robinson ST
Senatobia, MS 38668-2118
View hours ↓
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
May 10 2021
|Annual Conference Dates to Remember|
- June 10 at 8:00 a.m. – Clergy Executive Session
- June 11 at 6:00 p.m. – Ordering of Ministry Service, Bishop Jonathan Holston, preaching
- June 12 at 10:00 a.m. – Laity Executive Session: by June 12 the following link will be active and take you into the Laity Executive Session Zoom webinar - http://tiny.cc/laysession.
- June 13 at 3:00 p.m. – Memorial Service, Bishop Bill McAlilly, preaching
- June 16 at 6:00 p.m. – Voting Orientation and Training webinar by GNTV*
- June 19 at 12:00 p.m. – Voting Orientation and Training webinar by GNTV*
- June 21 at 7:00 p.m. – Voting Orientation and Training webinar by GNTV*
- June 23-25 – 2020 and 2021 Sessions of The Mississippi Annual Conference (all virtual) – Bishop James E. Swanson Sr. will be preaching both opening and closing worship services.
- Mission Offering is for Mississippi Disaster Relief – checks may either be sent with monthly mission shares or mailed separately to P. O. Box 1603 Jackson, MS 39215-1603
- Ministerial Education Fund (MEF) offering – checks may either be sent with monthly mission shares or mailed separately to P. O. Box 1603 Jackson, MS 39215-1603
- Souvenir Journal Circuit Rider ads information and rates - This year, in addition to sharing digital versions via the conference website and social media, the digital version of The Circuit Rider Souvenir Journal will be eblasted to over 11,000 people in the Mississippi Conference and beyond. The deadline for ads requiring design and layout is Thursday, May 20 by 3:00 p.m. The deadline for print-ready ads is Thursday, June 3 by 3:00 p.m.
- Guidebook App - This year marks the fourth year we have used Guidebook as our event app to provide members of the annual conference with all of the reference materials related to this year's session.
More links and updates to these happenings will be shared as details are finalized. Again, we are looking forward to celebrating how your faith communities and ministries have made sure that “The Mission Continues" here in the Mississippi Conference.
*It is extremely important that ALL voting members of The 2021 Session of The Mississippi Annual Conference attend one of the GNTV Voting Orientation and Training webinars.
If your area has poor internet service, I am considering having the district office open and available for you to log on in our back room, let me know if this would be helpful to you?
*Batesville First Children's Ministry is looking for a Summer Intern for the 2021 summer. This internship is perfect for someone who loves the Lord and children! This will be a paid internship and will last from May-the end of July! During this paid internship, the intern will learn all about what goes on behind the scenes in Children's Ministry- from VBS to fall planning! You must have graduated from high school to apply! If you are interested please send a resume and cover letter to Haley Lowery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 5-June 28-Each Monday night at 6! GRIEFSHARE at Sardis UMC-call Cheryl for more details-open to entire district
- May 16th@4:00 p.m. PRAYER FOR AMERICA AT BATESVILLE EXIT CROSS! CALL DISTRICT OFFICE FOR MORE DETAILS….(MAY 23RD IS RAIN DATE)
- May 16th @2:30 p.m. Confirmation Service at Sardis UMC
- June 29-Clergy Moving Day
- June 30-Audits from local churches due
- July 4-1st Sunday in New Pulpits
- August 29-September 7, 2021-General Conference in Minneapolis-POSTPONED!
- October 8-10, 2021-Special called session of annual conference
- November 10-12, 2021 SEJ at Lake Junaluska-POSTPONED!