PO Box 220
Senatobia, MS 38668
551 N Robinson ST
Senatobia, MS 38668-2118
View hours ↓
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
February 19 2020
Pray for Rev Charlie Simmons who will have shoulder surgery on friday.
(See attachment /photo of devotional book )Books are $15 and proceeds go to benefit the Psalm 121 Ministry. Let me know if you would like Ruth Munday to come to your church and explain about this ministry and how this devotional book came to be!
Hello from Charleston, Cheryl! Is there a way for you to announce a reception for our choir director, Louanne Cossar to the district? She's not retiring! But we want to invite everyone to a reception in her honor on Sunday, March 1 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm.
She tells the story that, when her baby was a newborn, a church member offered to hold her baby, if she would lead the songs and direct the choir. That baby is about 57 years old now, and she's still the music director. She's led a rag-tag choir and made us sound pretty good! She's taught children's choirs, handbell choirs and served in countless other capacities.
I would love to reach our former ministers and others who have worked with her. If people cannot attend, they can send her handwritten notes or cards. We "did" hope to keep the notes a secret and present them to her in a brief ceremony that day. Notes/cards, etc. can be mailed to my house, and I will get them to the church on 3/1.
Louanne Cossar, c/o Teresa Hargett, 1282 Sayle Lane, Charleston, MS 38921
The Mississippi Conference received a gracious invitation from Christ United Methodist Church in Jackson offering to host the 2020 Session of The Mississippi Annual Conference. After carefully considering all aspects of this location change, Bishop Swanson and the leadership of the conference were excited to accept the invitation from Christ UMC.
Due to this change of venue, we have made a slight change in the dates where we will begin and end the session one day earlier than originally announced. The new dates are June 2-5, 2020 (Tuesday-Friday). While the exact agenda is still being refined, we anticipate beginning our time together on Tuesday morning with clergy and laity executive sessions and workshops. Opening worship will take place on Wednesday morning and closing worship will conclude by noon on Friday to allow time for the staff at Christ UMC to prepare for Sunday worship services.
You will receive more information after the first of the year, but we wanted to let you know about this exciting development now so that you can plan accordingly.
- February 22, 2020- New Albany Lay Servant School….Basic led by Cheryl Denley-Advanced: Leading Worship by Rev. Laura Gilliom-Advanced: Living our United Methodist beliefs led by Lou Ann Staggs
- February 23, 2020(3-6 p.m.)-Sustainable Youth Ministry Conference by Ministry Architects at Batesville First UMC-call 601/278/3093 for more information!
- February 26, 2020-Cheryl starts study at Hunters Chapel UMC at 6:00-other dates include March 11, 25 and April 8-Study is titled GIVE UP SOMETHING BAD FOR LENT
- March 27-28, 2020-Cheryl Teaches in the Greenwood Lay Servant School
- March 22, 2020-Special Day Offering: UMCOR Sunday
- April 10-13 Easter Holidays
- April 23-Wesley Meadows Golf Tournament
- April 25-Wesley Meadows Spring Fling: Hot Air Balloon Rides and Golf Ball Drop! Call Cheryl for more information!
- April 26, 2020-Special Day Offering: Native American Sunday