PO Box 220
Senatobia, MS 38668
551 N Robinson ST
Senatobia, MS 38668-2118
View hours ↓
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
September 18 2019
- September 22-Special Day Offering: The Baddour Center Sunday
- September 28-Collabrative Leadership Conference BELONG-8:30-3-call the district office for more details
- October 4-5-Conference UMW Annual Meeting
- October 6-Special Day Offering: World Communion Sunday
. 5. October 12, 2019-ADMINISTRY TRAINING in our District! Location will be Batesville First UMC…..Local Church Administry Training
Sept. 14, 2019 Burton Memorial - Gulfport, Seashore District
Oct. 12, 2019 Batesville FUMC - Senatobia District
Nov. 16, 2019 New Albany FUMC - New Albany District
Dec. 14, 2019 Madison UMC, East Jackson District
The financial leadership training provides counsel and guidance to strengthen the administrative and financial abilities of the local church treasurer, financial secretary, finance committee members, church business administrators and church Trustees.. Successful completion of the training session and assignments will result in a Mississippi Conference recognized church "Administry." Topics covered are human resources, treasurer and pastor parish issues, statistical reporting, connectional giving, finance committee responsibilities, budget preparation, financial secretary duties and hints, treasurer responsibilities and reporting, internal controls /disciplinary requirement, auditing requirements and changes, and trustees responsibilities of the legal body as well as required work of it.
Training cost covers meals, snacks and resources for the complete day. The cost is $60 for the first person from a church
and $10 for each additional person from the same church.
6. October 12-13………CHILDRENS RETREAT at Camp Lake Stephens-
7. Fresh Expressions Vision Day (open to all)
Save the date – October 17th at Pleasant Hill UMC, 3787 Pleasant Hill RD, Olive Branch, MS. Registration and details to follow. For Laity and Clergy! Clergy will receive .5 CEU’s
I am Attaching a flier for this event to this email, let me know if you cannot open it!
8. October 19, 2019-District UMW Annual Meeting at Trinity UMC
9. October 19, 2019-Minor Memorial Fall Festival!
10. October 29, 2019 at 7:00 PPRC Training at Sardis UMC
11. November 5, 2019 at 7:00 PPRC Training at Hernando UMC
12 . November 18-Desoto Cluster at Hernando
I am back and I had a GREAT vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got this inquiry this morning, help Shea if you can!
Our Learning Center is in quite desperate need to hire CDL bus drivers. I am even willing to train them to get the license, but someone already holding a license is best. Do you know of any churches in our district that may have licensed drivers that I may contact? Or, do you have any means of advertising the position we have available? Any information you have will be helpful.
I hope your trip was amazing!
Have a great day!
Shea M. South
Director of Maples Learning Center