|Click to email|
PO Box 220
Senatobia, MS 38668
551 N Robinson ST
Senatobia, MS 38668-2118
View hours ↓
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
District Superintendent Announcement
March 17 2020
Based upon the recommendations of the CDC and other authorities, all Mississippi Conference and Senatobia District face to face activities are being cancelled or postponed through April 30, 2020. We will continue to monitor the advice of health and government authorities. We will provide information about events after April 30th or the rescheduling of the postponed events as the crisis unfolds. We will reconsider events scheduled after April 30th as we move forward, The events that are being cancelled or postponed include:
- District Conference for voting on Equalizing Delegateson March 22 at Senatobia First UMC- POSTPONED until further notice
- District Leadership Team on March 23
- Church Security and Hospitality Conference on March 24-26- CANCELLED
- Listening Session for General Conference on March 30 at Batesville UMC- POSTPONED until further notice
- African American Clergy Gathering with the Bishop on April 24- POSTPONED until further notice.
- The Council of Bishops has proposed postponing General Conference which is set for May 5-15, and a decision will be made in the coming weeks.
I want to strongly encourage the clergy bands to continue to meet remotely by conference call or ZOOM. We need each other now more than ever. If you do not feel you need the band meeting, think about the fact that someone in your band may need your wisdom or your encouragement. The question, “How is your soul?” may be more important to consider now than ever.
In regard to your local church services, the wisdom of the local church clergy leadership in collaboration with the lay leadership of each congregation will be relied upon at the present time. In any event, we strongly recommend that the guidance of national, state, and local health authorities be followed during the novel coronavirus crisis. The health and safety of each child of God should be the primary consideration when decisions are being made regarding all matters.
More information about ways to move forward will be coming from the Office of Communications of the Mississippi Conference. This is a unique opportunity for our small and large churches to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit and find new ways to be the church in this time of crisis. If you have any questions or want to discuss a particular situation in your church, please feel free to contact us.
Above all, PRAY!
Your servant in Christ,
Rickey L. Haynes