|Click to email|
PO Box 220
Senatobia, MS 38668
551 N Robinson ST
Senatobia, MS 38668-2118
View hours ↓
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
January 02 2020
The Mississippi Conference received a gracious invitation from Christ United Methodist Church in Jackson offering to host the 2020 Session of The Mississippi Annual Conference. After carefully considering all aspects of this location change, Bishop Swanson and the leadership of the conference were excited to accept the invitation from Christ UMC.
Due to this change of venue, we have made a slight change in the dates where we will begin and end the session one day earlier than originally announced. The new dates are June 2-5, 2020 (Tuesday-Friday). While the exact agenda is still being refined, we anticipate beginning our time together on Tuesday morning with clergy and laity executive sessions and workshops. Opening worship will take place on Wednesday morning and closing worship will conclude by noon on Friday to allow time for the staff at Christ UMC to prepare for Sunday worship services.
You will receive more information after the first of the year, but we wanted to let you know about this exciting development now so that you can plan accordingly.
- December 20, 2019-January 6, 2020-Christmas Break-Office Closed
- January 1, 2020-link for reporting the statistical report will be on the conference website…..
3 .January 4, 2020-District Clergy Epiphany Party (mark your calendar now!)to be held at Wesley Meadows~PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WILL BE THERE! NEED A HEADCOUNT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
4. January 6, 2020-Office reopens
5. January 15, 2020-Deadline for applications for this years District Mission Trip to El Salvador!
6. January 19, 2020-LEADERSHIP TRAINING AT SENATOBIA FIRST UMC
7. .January 19, 2020-Special Day Offering: Human Relations Day
8. January 20, 2020-Office closed for MLK Holiday
January 20, 2020-DESOTO CLUSTER meets at 6:30 at Hinds Chapel!
9. January 26, 2020-Special Day Offering: Golden Cross Sunday
10. January 28-FIRM deadline for reporting statistical data
- February 8, 2020-Lay Servant School at Hernando UMC sponsored by the Desoto County Cluster! (inclement weather date is February 15th and location will be Pleasant Hill UMC)
- February 15, 2020-(11-1) Eddie Daniels/Lula Walker BBQ to benefit Wesley Meadows-I have tickets and I have information!
- February 16, 2020-Special Day Offering: Methodist Rehabilitation Center
- February 22, 2020-Local District Officers Training for UMW at Charleston UMC,
- February 22, 2020- New Albany Lay Servant School….Basic led by Cheryl Denley-Advanced: Leading Worship by Rev. Laura Gilliom-Advanced: Living our United Methodist beliefs led by Lou Ann Staggs